Friday, October 09, 2009

Post UN Night/Last Day of School

Fellow people at my lunch table! If you didn't know, UN Night is like Racial Harmony. So we could wear something related to our nationality or country. Or wear the flag's colours :)

Constance!!! Such loyalty to Singapore. haha *salutes* She was the organiser for the Singapore foodstall XD

Nicholas. The half Japanese half British dude. A fellow friend in Math and Origami!! hahaha He wanted me to pay him $2 for taking this pic of him. Lol

The Singaporean foodstall! The guy in white you see on the right is Yu Jie. He's the Singaporean who studied in GuangZhou, China. So you can imagine the accent he has when he speaks Chinese. It's AWESOME. And he was managing the bean soup thingy for the whole night! Haha. Such dedication XD I asked him today, he said he sold about 17 bowls. Not bad! lol And he's right, Singapore has no culture. So he wore his school uniform shirt with jeans, and a red shirt underneath. Haha, such simplicity :)

ALRIGHT. Some stuff about UN Night. I was gonna strangle Sharley coz she didn't take enough photos. But oh well, I can ask for some from Christina's mum who sat in the front row for the 2nd show. Hahaha.

Before the show: Preparations in the Small Hall with the Lion Dancers. Nearly got deaf again. Pity Min sprained his knee on Wednesday, so he couldn't be the lion head. AWW. Then went to the Main Hall for a quick meeting with the teachers and the crew. Blah blah blah. And then we went to do our other stuff. Calculations of the timings... We had 50 minutes from the start of every show to do our own stuff before we had to actually get our costume on. Isn't our Taiwanese dance just perfectly placed? Hahaha. Before the show, we wore all the stuff that we rented and took a group shot. Anushka forgot her socks =.= NVM THOUGH. hahaha. But we didn't wear everything for the show. Heehee



4.15pm Show: Came on stage... the lights didn't come on for like, the first 5-6 seconds. We were already dancing. I was like,"dammit, the lights aren't on!!" I'm a very verbal person. I talk all the time. Sometimes, I talk without thinking first. What a sucker. lol. So yea, lights came on, blah blah blah, moved to the front of the stage, and OMG. MR LUMB (my math teacher) WAS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT WITH HIS DAUGHTER. And I screwed up the squats in my panic. LOL.

6.15pm Show: Lights still came on late. Christina's mum took photos for us! She was sitting RIGHT IN FRONT. RIGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE. LOL.

8.15pm Show: We planned to do something crazy since it was the last show. Like maybe rip open our shirts or the wrap-over skirt (we had clothes underneath). Then someone reminded us that Jess didn't have a shirt on underneath. LOL. Then we thought about doing some other crazy stuff. Hahaha... Or like untying the rope and throwing it at the audience. Or... jumping off the stage and shout OOOHGAAAHH OOOHGAAAHHH!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA But we didn't. OH WELL. Andrea kinda screwed up the last part of the dance. When we went backstage, the guys from the Korean dance (the finale) gave us high fives. And I walked right into a drum. LOL. So embarrassing. Hahaha. Lucky it was dark, so they don't know which one I am. HAHA XD

Sharley came back with me after the last show. OH OH. I helped with the Indo food stall if you didn't know. We ran out of satay. Which was insane. Hahaha. And then we ran out of cups for the drinks, and we still had 2 buckets worth of drinks left XD But in the end one girl managed to get more from the HomeEc room :D Saved the day! Lol


TODAY. Last day of school before the 2-week holiday starts. Min left halfway during the day!!!! So I missed him during B&M class :( Aww. Couldn't tlak to him about UN Night. Dang. Oh, went to Math class, and my seat is right in front of Mr Lumb, so when I sat down, he was grinning at me.
Me: I saw you at the front row during the first show!
MrL: yes. You were in the dance. I saw you
Me: Taiwanese!!

Hahaha. And then Maithreyi and Anders tried to tell Mr Lumb that they were in the US hip-hop and breakdance part. And Mr Lumb didn't notice them. Lol. And they were using so much effort to try to fish some memory out of him. Hahaha. Too bad Mr Lumb only spotted Anders at the last part when he took off the mask and cap. XD And this Indian guy told Mr Lumb about Maithreyi, "she was the shortest one!" Whole class was going, "OOOOOOHH!!!!" And Maithreyi gave this shocked look and said, "WHATEVER! I OWN YOU FOR THE ASSESSMENT!!! HAH!" lol

Insane school :P HOLIDAYS!! YEA!! AND I'LL GET MY BRACES OFF ON THE 21ST!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments: