Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lang Lang

I watched Lang Lang's piano recital this evening at Esplanade. It was AWESOME!!!! Can't get enough of it! Before the show, only some of us were invited to go go for the Cocktail Reception. It was great! Loved the food!!!

Then the show. He actually did 3 ENCORES after the pieces he was planning to perform. Shocking thing is, he memorised all of them. And, he plays the pieces with his eyes closed... (most of the time) These are what he played (not counting the encores. Oh yeah, he played Bumblebee as the last encore :) And the last song on this list was featured in Tom & Jerry once. Tom was having a piano recital. And Jerry was in the piano, driving Tom insane... hahaha

Mozart Piano Sonata in C
- Allegro moderato
- Andante cantabile
- Allegretto

Chopin Sonata No.3 in B minor
- Allegro maestoso
- Scherzo
- Largo
Finale (Presto non tanto)

Schumann Kinderszenen

Rachmaninov Preludes
- No.2 in B flat
- No.5 in G minor

Liszt Sonnet de Petrarque No.104

Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 in C sharp minor
After the show, we had the Post-Concert Private Reception. There, I got him to autograph my program, and the CD. And right now, Niger thinks that I'm addicted to Lang Lang... Uhhh... NO... I just scolded him for that...

Some pictures!!!

That's Lang Lang...signing my program :)



That was during the cocktail reception. My mum and I were the first ones there so... it was kinda empty... But it filled up in a while

1 comment:

Dayle Burp said...

I read the NY Times article dishing any pianist who doesn't sit immobile like a good catholic girl in Sister Ratchet's class. The main object of ire was Lang Lang who the author infers is sacrificing the music for the theatrics. But anyone fortunate enough to witness Lang Lang's passion cannot help but be moved. This coming from a good catholic girl.